ANTH 2654: Forms of Families
22 October 2015
Available at: http://anthro.rschram.org/2654/12
- Back To The Future Day is 21 October 2015
- Why don't we have flying cars?
- Essay topics: finding contradictions in culture
- Change as a dialectic
- Thesis, antithesis, synthesis
- It's kind of like being pregnant. A woman is a mother when she is recognized by her child.
- Surrogacy as synthesis
- Wombs for rent
- New kinds of agency
- The limits of performativity
- 'Kinship is part of who you are' versus 'Kinship comes from what you do.'
- Are these different cultural constructs, or two sides of the same coin?
- You can performatively enact kinship, but you can't do it alone.
2654/12.txt · Last modified: 2021/06/29 02:27 by 127.0.0.1