Talks and presentations
- "Staying in contact: Colonial encounter as constitutive fiction". A presentation for Strange intimacies: A Festschrift conference in honor of Neil Maclean, at the University of Sydney, February 19, 2021. "'Sanguma em i stap (Sanguma is real)': Ethnographic citizenship and epistemic exclusion in Tok Pisin sorcery stories since 1945". Slides for an upcoming presentation in the session “Making the occult public” at the 2019 meeting of the American Anthropological Association meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia on November 23.
- “The payback beat: Ethnographic citizenship and the public kinship of indigenous subjects in postcolonial Papua New Guinea.” Slides for a presentation given to The state and the dynamics of enslavement, a workshop held at Deakin University, February 13-15, 2019.
- “The tribe next door: The New Guinea Highlands in a postwar Papuan mission newspaper.” Slides for a talk given to the Oceanic Anthropologies seminar series at University of Hawaiʻi, Mānoa, May 8, 2018.
- “Taparoro: Missionary Translation and its Rivals in the Coral Sea Contact Zone.” Slides for a talk given at the ANU Anthropology Department seminar series on September 2, 2015.
- "Print prestations: The social embeddedness of reading publics in colonial Papua and New Guinea," a presentation of a paper in progress at the 2016 meeting of the Australian Anthropological Society.
talks.txt · Last modified: 2021/06/29 02:31 by 127.0.0.1